This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website.
What are cookies and web tags?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to identify your computer.
If you pro-actively click to indicate that you wish this website to remember certain details a cookie will be downloaded so that, upon re-visiting the same page in the website, the cookie will automatically re-populate the information, without your having to re-enter it.
Cookies do not identify you personally, (cookies identify your computer) unless you have knowingly provided us with personal information.
What cookies do we use and what do they do?
Some pages of our website have been coded with ‘analytics’ so as to enable us to monitor use of our website, by providing us with the following types of anonymous information:
- The number of unique users of, and visits to, our website;
- The URL address you have left to come to our website;
- Which search engine and search words you have used;
- Whether you are a return visitor;
- Which browser you are using and the country in which your computer is located;
- The pages on which you enter and leave our website;
- Which other pages of our website you visit and for how long; and
- The paths you use to navigate through our website.
The information from these web tags, is aggregated for all our website visitors, and enables us to build up a picture of what types of visitors our website is attracting, how visitors use our website, and which of our products and offers most interest our visitors. This helps us to continually improve our website and provide content which is of more interest and relevance.
We use a third party website analytics provider, Google Analytics, to track and analyse the information recorded by the web tags on our behalf. For further information about Google Analytics please see Google Analytics Info.
Cookies and your web browser
You can easily disable cookies within your browser preferences. Please be aware that if you do so you may lose certain functionality throughout the website.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent this. On most web browsers the “help” tab on the toolbar will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website www.allaboutcookies.org.
What other information do we collect and what do we use it for?
Our website’s registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their name, email, and postal address), and demographic information (like their postcode or age). This information is used as follows:
- Contact information is used:
- to get in touch with the user when necessary (for example, by one of our cruise operators);
- to supply information about our company to our users; or
- to send promotional material from some carefully selected companies to our users. Users may opt-out of receiving direct marketing (see Direct Marketing section below).
- Unique identifiers (such as birthdays) are collected from website visitors to, for example, verify the user’s identity, or for use as reference numbers in our record system.
- Demographic and profile data is used to tailor our visitor’s experience on our website to show content that we think might be of interest, and to display this content according to your preferences.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other carefully selected companies.
If at any stage you decide that you do not wish to continue receiving marketing approaches, then please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your full name and address (failure to do so will result in us being unable to locate your details).
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Further or additional information
This website supplements the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties, for example, to make sure the information is accurate or for the prevention or detection of crime.
This site gives users the following options for modifying or removing their information we have in our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service. To remove your details from our database you can call the following toll free telephone number: 1300 131713.
Contacting the Web Site if you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Website, you can contact:
117 Old Pittwater Road
Registration Help Desk & Enquiries
Tel: 02 9913 2917
Customer Comments, Passenger Relations & Cruise Reviews
Tel: 02 9913 2917
This privacy notice was last updated April 16